Wednesday, September 10, 2008

nama-krpa - The mercy of the holy name


O Lord! Be merciful and appear on my tongue in Your holy name; dance there constantly, O Lord! I fall at your lotus feet and beg You.


Your may keep me in this world or take me to Your abode as You please, but whatever You do with me, feed me the divine nectar of Your names.


You have descended to this world to distribute the holy name, so kindly also consider me one of those You intended to bless.


I am the most lowly, whereas You are committed to the uplift of the lowest; this is our eternal relationship, O Savior of the fallen!


On the strength of this unbreakable connection between us, O Lord, I beg You to shower me with the nectar of the holy name. - by Haridasa Thakura from the Harinama Cintamani, 11.53-57

No comments: