Thursday, July 13, 2006

Two cents anyone?


I debate a lot about the need to speak. On my morning web surf, I’ll read articles and opinions and generally Ill never leave a comment, even if I don’t agree. Not that I don’t care about war and government and whatnot, I just don’t think my two cents will make a difference. In Iskcon (the Hare Krishna’s), there are a few news outlets, dandavats.com and chakra.org. These sites are part of my regular morning web commute and sometimes an opinion or an article will spin me the wrong way. So here is my problem, Iskcon is so small that my opinion could actually make a difference. What do I do when it is a devotee or a leader that is writing something that I don’t understand or agree with? That’s when I find my self going over the same mental debate.

“If I leave a comment will I make an offence? If so then I shouldn’t say anything. What is my opinion worth anyway? Who care what I have to say. But what if my comment makes a point that was not thought of before? If I am wrong then my comment will strengthen the article. That is good. If I am right then truth will be served. That is also good. So then I should leave a comment. But if I leave a comment will I make an offence?”

This is my circle of thought. So, if by chance you read this and see my comment somewhere, please don’t take offence. It’s not personal, it’s emotional. I care about the direction of Iskcon and I what to help make a difference. Even if my imput is only worth two cents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good points...keep up the good thoughts...and do put in your two cents....everyone else does!!!....love, Mother